In today’s Screen Age, it’s more challenging—and interesting—to communicate a message.
How do you create breakthrough messages?
- Start with your brand. Everything starts and stops with your brand, which you must constantly care and feed. Are you relentlessly committed to walking the walk?
- Focus on your audience’s needs and interests. Who are they? What do they care about? (Have you asked them?) Where do they get their information? Who are their trusted sources?
- Highlight key messages. Be succinct, captivating, emotional and engaging. Illustrate with compelling stories.
- Use a mix of paid, earned, shared and owned media*. A recipe of communication tools is crucial for your message to break through the clutter and create interest:
- Don’t forget about the human touch. It’s still all about relationships. Meeting in person. Eye contact. Personal touches. On-brand customer service and more.